What better way to start my birthday than with a little bit of gratitude. Today starts my 31st year of being on this earth. I’ve learned a multitude of lessons, but I’m grateful for even more. My list of things I’m grateful for is miles long, but I don’t want to bore you with all of them, so I chose 7 (because today’s the 7th):
1. My mom – she’s the strongest and most resilient person I know and I have the privilege of calling her my mother. I’m grateful for her smile and laughter. Her advice. Her warm and positive spirit. I love her so much and I hope I make her proud.
2. Transitions and opportunities – moving from one level, location or state of strength and discipline in life to another and being able to endure in the middle. Transitions are so hard for me, but somehow I push and settle in. Complete with my right mind and a more positive outlook. And the opportunities that have presented themselves before me make me believe that all my hard work, sweat and tears is worth it. Some of the things I’ve had the opportunity to experience this year have been phenomenal and beyond anything I could ever imagine. What a blessing.
3. Prayer – I just love how accessible God is through prayer and faith. I’m grateful that there is no right way to pray or speak to God. I’m grateful that He’s always there to listen and love no matter what I’m saying to him in that prayer. No matter where my faith is, He’s there. Always the same.
4. My circle of friends – As we all know, your friends say a lot about what kind of person you are. I’m grateful for those who choose to put up with me, are patient with me, pray with me, laugh and joke with me. I’m grateful for those friends who pour into me and can see my potential for greatness long before I can. Those friends are hard to come by, and hard to keep.
5. Books – where would I be without them!? I love reading! A book, some coffee or tea and a pastry in a coffee shop? I’m set! Reading keeps me on my toes. Keeps my brain on it’s feet. Keeps my vocabulary intact. Love it!
6. Discovering new artists and music – On my list of things that I can turn to relieve stress, one of them is music. And one of the things I love to do is discover new artists and bask in their musical ability. Most recently? The Pentatonix. OMG… SO GOOD! They are an acapella group that won “The Sing-Off” last year and have blown up since then. Check out their Evolution of Beyoncé and tell me you don’t get your WHOLE LIFE! So good! So gifted! They make me believe in humanity again.
7. Yoga – I’m rekindling the fire I started a while ago with my yoga practice and it’s one of the best decisions I’ve made. Not only am I discovering how much I need to work on, but I’m taking on new challenges and discovering how strong I am too. Meditation, chakras, breathing, stretching, practicing, strengthening, lifting and being. I love it and can’t wait to see where my yoga journey takes me. If you’re following me on Instagram, you’ll see I’m participating in the Grow Soul Beautiful #YogaADay challenge this month. Love it! Such a great way to keep my accountable to practicing yoga everyday, even if it’s only breathing through one pose. Check it out!
Let my 31st year begin! I hope it’s full of joy, laughter, more opportunities and things that just blow my mind. I’m ready for new adventures and ready to continue discovering who I am and why I belong on this earth. Happy birthday to me!