Sooooo… I may have cheated a little bit with this recipe, but the easier the better, right!? I’m all for making things quick, easy and yummy. This recipe definitely fits that criteria. I also just realized I put up a lot of recipes that have to do with sweet potatoes. I might really love them. Let’s begin so we can get your taste buds wrapped around this amazing and SUPER easy Carrot and Ginger Soup with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Cauliflower.
What you’ll need:
- 1 box of Trader Joe’s Carrot and Ginger Soup
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, diced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into bite-size pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to about 420.
- Place the chopped cauliflower and sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet and drizzle a little bit of olive oil on both vegetables.
- Once the oven is preheated, place the vegetables inside and roast for about 20-25 minutes. I usually just wait until I see a little browning on the cauliflower and then I take it out.
- Place the onions and about a teaspoon of olive oil in the bottom of a large sauce pan or soup kettle. Saute the onions until they start to sweat a little bit.
- Slowly pour the Carrot and Ginger Soup into the pot, as well as the roasted sweet potatoes and cauliflower.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Stir and let the soup simmer a little bit on medium-low heat.
- After about 10 minutes, scoop out 2 or 3 cups of the soup and place in a blender. Put the blender on the “puree” setting. Or if you have a hand mixer, blend until the soup is somewhat smooth.
- Add the blended soup to the rest of the soup and stir it up. This thickens the soup so that it’s not as “soupy” or liquidy.
- Heat the finished soup for about 5-10 more minutes and you’re done!
- Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
I found myself adding a little of salt to the soup itself and also to my own personal bowl when I was eating it. Feel free to add or subtract and make this soup all that it can be. Super easy, super healthy, super yummy. And yes, it’s vegan! Enjoy!