Preparation Time: 20 minutes for each salad
Cooking Time: for Sweetcorn and Potato Salad: 25 minutes
Each Dish Serves: 6 to 8
Pineapple and Turkey Salad
Cut a fresh pineapple lengthways but make one part deeper to hold the salad, leave the green leaves on this portion. Cut away the hard core and dice the flesh over a basin so no juice is wasted.
- Blend 1 tablespoon olive or salad oil with 2 tablespoons pineapple juice, add 1 teaspoon French mustard, 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut approximately 450g cooked turkey into dice, the same size as the pineapple, add to the dressing with a 1 deseeded diced red pepper, 3 tablespoons browned flaked almonds, 3 tablespoons diced cucumber and 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds.
- Add the diced pineapple to the turkey mixture just before serving the salad, spoon into the pineapple case, top with browned almonds.
Chicory Waldorf Salad
- Arrange white chicory and red radicchio leaves around the edge of a flat dish, Blend equal quantities of diced celery, unpeeled dessert apples and deseeded black and white grapes together.
- Toss the ingredients in well seasoned yoghourt, add halved pecan nuts or walnuts and spoon into the centre of the chicory and radicchio.
Sweetcorn and Potato Salad
- Cook and dice potatoes; cook frozen sweetcom.
- Blend equal amounts of mayonnaise and yoghourt together with a few drops of Tabasco sauce, a very little tomato purée, a little paprika and seasoning.
- Add small spring onions or cocktail onions, a generous amount of chopped parsley and chives; stir the potatoes and sweetcorn into the dressing.
- Serve well chilled or warm.